Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE) is a women’s rights national non-partisan organisation established in 1995 to offer a platform for Ugandan women’s learning, networking, sharing experiences and advocating for gender equity and equality in decision making processes. Under the Women and Leadership Program (WLP), FOWODE has since 2004 mentored young leaders in Alternative and Transformative Leadership. FOWODE believes in promoting pro-poor and pro-women ideals through which alternative values, visions and leaders can be nurtured and shaped in Uganda. Through her leadership training camps, FOWODE has challenged leaders to advance women’s rights, foster accountable leadership and effectively participate in all aspects of political, economic and social life. Today, FOWODE boasts of a cadre of almost 1000 young leaders who are engaged in various leadership positions in institutions of higher learning, private sector, political leadership and within their communities.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
FOWODE invites applications from WOMEN to participate in a 1 week’s scientific residential leadership building camp in Kampala. To apply for the course, interested applicants must meet the following:
1. Suitable candidates:
- Must be contesting for a leadership position in the 2021 elections
- Must a be first time contender (new entrant) or aspiring for a higher position
- Must have completed UCE, UACE, a diploma or degree.
- Should have keen interest in promoting social justice and gender equality issues
- Should be able to effectively communicate in English both written and verbally
- Computer skills are an added advantage
- Should be Ugandan.
2. All applicants must submit:
- A cover letter expressing interest in the camp and should include specific information on the applicant’s contact details and email address, her next of kin’s name and contacts, course undertaken and from which tertiary/higher institution as well as the district(s) of origin and residence. This should be addressed to the Programme Officer, Women and Leadership Programme.
- Academic certificates
- 1 passport size photograph
- An essay of not more than 500 words on your vision for women in Uganda.
- Click here to download Full Advert.
- Click here to Download Application Form.
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates must ensure that they will fully be available for the 1-week training. The trainings will be phased in the months of September - November 2020.
NB. Please note that this is not an employment opportunity.
Deadline for submission of applications and essays is 7th August 2020.
All applications MUST be sent to the following address:
Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE)